Sex & Relationships with Explicit Content: Uncut

Innovative and Creative is always on the lookout for music, business, and entertainment that  goes against the grain. This time we find it in an exciting UStream show called Explicit Content Uncut. We interviewed "DayaBee", of Explicit Content: Uncut, about her experiences exploring sex and relationships on her show. Check out the interview and a couple of their archived shows below.


Q: How did your show get started? How and why did you come up with the name “Explicit Content”?
A: Explicit Content was kind of a spur of the moment idea. I use to have a Summer Radio show on WWSU 106.9 FM in Dayton, Ohio and I played everything. I had about a 5-6 slow song set that I did at the end of my show and I had many many people who loved the way I would arrange my slow sets. I also would have guests on my show who wanted to talk about sex & relationships but I didn’t think that the show I had was the right format for what I was trying to do. So one day, I was at home discussing the idea with me friend. She thought it was a good idea but we needed a catchy name. One day I was going through cds at the station and saw a Parental Advisory sticker on one of the cds and saw the words “Explicit Content”. I thought it was catchy but it would also explain what the show was about without having to explain it.

Q: Do you interview any guests on your show? If yes who is your favorite interview and why? If no who would you want to interviewee and why?
A: When we were on radio, we did a lot of interviews. It’s kind of difficult to interview people via Ustream, but we’re not opposed to doing it. My favorite interview thus far has been the interviews that we do with Dayton’s own rap group GTC. They’re always fun and always are good guests.

Q: What if anything is the 'worst' part of working on the show?
A: I love my show. There isn’t anything I don’t like about it.

Q: What would you say is the 'best' part of working on the show?
A: The best part of the show is being able to reach out to people. We talk as explicitly and bluntly as we can. but we also integrate music into what we do. It merges the two things I love to do the most. I love the opinions and views of my viewers. They’re just as important to the show as I am.

Q: What is the best, worst, and funniest thing that happened 'on air'?
A: One of the worst things that has happened on the show happened about a year ago. We had a guest on who couldn’t stop cussing. Then, he had his friends call in and they kept cussing as well. We were still on the radio then and were FCC regulated so that didn’t go over well with my directors. One of our funniest moments though was the On-Air Pure Romance (Sex Toy) party that we had with the Men of GTC and my Pure Romance consultant, Yamiah Compton. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard.


Q: How have you grown from now compared to when you started?
A: When Explicit Content first started on air… We couldn’t be ourselves or talk about certain topics. Now that we are on Ustream, we can really be ourselves. We say and so what we want and it shows.  My co-host, Emily, is always a MAJOR improvement. She brings a different dynamic to the show that wasn’t there with my old co-host. She has helped the show into what it is now. Without her, we wouldn’t be where we are now

Q: How has the show affected your life?
A: Explicit Content has made me a better person. It has helped me discover a new side of who I am. It has helped me become a more honest person , especially when it comes to sex and relationships. I love the relationships that I’ve built with my viewers, namely Jacquel and Gerald. Those two have shown me loyalty in a industry that isn’t known for that. Knowing that my viewers love what they are watching has made me want to constantly improve.

Q: Please summarize the purpose of the show. Please give an overview of a typical show.
A: Explicit Content is a show where we can talk about anything, explicitly. Most of the topics are centered around sex and relationships. We talk about everything from Head (our favorite subject) to how to get over a broken heart. Politics have known to be thrown in there from time to time but we try to steer clear of Hot Button issues so an argument or fight won’t start. The show usually starts with a song. The song usually is a  reflection of what the show is about or my feelings on this past week. After the 1st song , we say hey.. Banter a little bit and wait for more folks to join the show. After we have at least 10 viewers, we start into our topics. We try to greet everyone new that we see joining the show.

Q: Anything exciting on the horizon for Explicit Content?
A: Explicit Content is in the process of branding itself. We are currently trying to develop T-Shirts with some of our catch-phrases. On May 19th, we’ll be in Columbus as guests on Familiar Face Radio with our homies Dj Durl, Leon and Wes. The show airs at 10 p.m. on May 19th on www.dpsradio.com. We’re on every Sunday at 10 pm-12 am. Our Ustream channel is www.ustream.tv/channel/explicit-content-uncut

Q: Is there anything you would like to add (shoutouts, goals, etc.)?
A: Shoutsout to my co-host Emily, our two most faithful viewers Jacquel and Gerald and anyone else who supports and watches the show. We’re always looking for room to grow and new people to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment